Here are the most interesting news items in Recode’s tech coverage this year: * Microsoft’s Xbox One X gaming console is set to launch on Dec. 13, making it the first console to ship with the latest generation of hardware.
The console’s price tag is $499.99.
Microsoft will also offer a special Xbox One S bundle for $399.99, with a “chess set” and “cheese” that you can “play with” and which is available now for $49.99 and $69.99 respectively.
The game, which comes with a 10-game digital library, will be available on Nov. 30, according to Microsoft.
* Google and Amazon are adding more content to their YouTube channels.
The search giant will add 10 more videos, including a “game trailer” and an “episode” that will be a one-minute “game” and a full-length documentary.
Amazon also announced that it will stream a new documentary, titled “The Journey of Chess.”
* Apple has announced a new “video series” on YouTube called “Apple’s Apple Music.”
It will stream videos from the company’s artists.
It will also stream videos of Apple’s new iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 8, iPhone 9, and iPhone XR.
* Amazon has added two new videos on YouTube, “Apple CarPlay and Apple TV.”
Amazon will also expand its Amazon Alexa support to the app.
* Apple added two more videos on its YouTube channel, “Amazon Prime Music,” and will stream new music videos from its music library.
* YouTube has also announced a video series called “How To Win Friends and Influence People,” in which YouTube creators will help users “win over the hearts of the masses.”
The series will focus on how to “get your message out to a specific audience and get them to take action.”
* Amazon is expanding its YouTube platform to include more videos from Amazon’s Alexa and Amazon’s App Store.
This is an expansion of its current app video content.
* Netflix is adding new videos to its YouTube app, including two new video series.
The first, “Watching Movies Through the Lens,” will focus solely on the use of Google Glasses.
It is scheduled to debut in the coming weeks.
* Instagram is adding more videos to YouTube.
The social-media company is also adding a new video that features a man “talking to a dog” while holding an iPad Air.
It was created by “The Dog Whisperer” and was first featured on Snapchat in May.
The video was created in partnership with “Dog Whisperers.”